Baccalaureate Mass will take place on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. at the Church of the Nativity, 1225 Alta Vista Street, Dubuque, IA. The doors to the church will open at 8:30 a.m. Music for this Mass is provided by the Loras College choirs, Wind Ensemble, and Spiritual Life division staff and students. Following are the instructions for faculty and students and those in the academic procession from Christ the King Chapel to the Church of the Nativity for Baccalaureate Mass:
· Graduates will gather in front of Christ the King Chapel (Alta Vista Street) at 9:00 a.m. and begin lining up at 9:20 a.m.
· Faculty will line up on Alta Vista Street at 9:00 a.m. In the event of rain, Faculty will line up in basement of Nativity and Graduates will remain in the back of church by 9:20 a.m.
· Faculty and Graduates will begin academic procession to Nativity at 9:20 a.m. sharp.
· Faculty and Graduates will process directly into church to the pews saved for them. The Liturgical Procession for the Mass will start from the back of Church at 9:30 am. Graduates will recess out of the church after the conclusion of Baccalaureate Mass.
Following Baccalaureate mass, luncheon will be available in the Alumni Campus Center/Marie Graber Ballroom (11:30am-1:00pm). Tickets for the luncheon following the Baccalaureate Mass must be purchased in advance. Cost is $9.25 per person (ticket must also be purchased for graduate) and includes:
- Deli Sandwiches on Assorted Breads and Rolls including Vegetarian & Gluten Free
- Assorted Chips, Chopped Fresh Fruit, Assorted Cookies and Dessert Bars
- Canned Soda and Bottled Water
- Click Here to Purchase Luncheon tickets
Please Note: Tickets for the luncheon following Baccalaureate Mass must be purchased in advance via our secure online payment page. Please print your confirmation email as you will need it with you on May 19th for admittance to the meal . If you have questions regarding the purchase of tickets, please contact email@example.com
Commencement exercises for the Class of 2018 will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. in the Athletic Wellness Center on the Loras College campus. For the comfort of our guests, the ceremony may also be viewed in the Alumni Campus Center/Marie Graber Ballroom (no ticket required).
The Commencement Ceremony will be a ticketed event and will be held in the Athletic & Wellness Center. Each graduate will be issued five (5) tickets. In accordance with Dubuque Fire Code regulations, all guests must have a ticket (exception being babies sitting on laps). Please note that a ticket allows admission into the Athletic & Wellness Center, but does not guarantee a seat. Seats are on a first-come basis and cannot be reserved. The sale of Commencement tickets is prohibited. Guests without a ticket will not be admitted to the Athletic & Wellness Center, but will be able to view the Commencement ceremony in the Alumni Campus Center/Marie Graber Ballroom (no ticket required).
Students wear full commencement apparel and have assigned seating. A seating chart/ directions for lining up will be available to graduates prior to commencement practice.
Doors will open for guests in the Athletic & Wellness Center at 12:30 p.m. There are limited numbers of handicapped accessible seating located on the upper level. Seating will only be reserved for graduates, honored guests and faculty and staff that are part of the ceremony. All parking lots on the Loras College campus will be open and parking is free. Handicapped parking for the Athletic & Wellness Center is located in the lot adjacent the building. Security will be available to assist guests.
If you are traveling to Dubuque and plan to stay overnight in the Dubuque area, we recommend that you call early to reserve a hotel room. For information on local hotels and attractions, please feel free to take advantage of our partnership with Best Western Dubuque or visit Dubuque Chamber of Commerce and Visit Galena for additional local options.