As a Catholic liberal arts institution seeking to cultivate the Catholic intellectual tradition, Loras College helps form disciples of Jesus Christ who can bring the resources of faith and reason to bear upon their study, service, spirituality, and solidarity with all persons as created in God’s image. Established shortly after his death in 2005, the Saint John Paul II Memorial Scholarship combines the late pontiff’s love for evangelizing young adults and fostering their active participation in the life of the Church.
Criteria for receiving the Saint John Paul II Memorial Scholarship at Loras College
- The Saint John Paul II Memorial Scholarship is open to Catholic students in undergraduate programs at Loras College.
- Candidates for the scholarship:
- would be accepted students at Loras College;
- would be required to complete a scholarship application;
- and would submit a roughly 1000-word, double-spaced, typed, original essay, based upon proposed texts from Saint John Paul II.
(essay details and application to be posted by October 1, 2017)