What is Loras College DM? Loras Dance Marathon is a student led organization on campus that fundraises all year long for Iowa Children’s Hospital. It is part of the Children’s Miracle Network, and all proceeds made go directly to the kids. The programs we fund help to create a little bit of normalcy for the kids and their families while they are staying in the hospital. At the end of the year we will celebrate our year long efforts with a day long event from 12PM to 12AM where we will be on our feet dancing, playing games and activities, and hanging out with our miracle families. Loras is the #1 fundraising school per capita and we plan to stay at the top for our kids!
Our big event will be held on April 22, 2017 (tentatively) from 12pm-12am at Loras College in the Alumni Campus Center. There are multiple ways to get involved… Join the fun and register to be a dancer Volunteer to help during the day by contacting Andrea.Edna@loras.edu or if you can’t be there and would still like to support us in our efforts by donating, click this link Here!
- Vending Machines: Each child in the hospital receives two tokens daily to use in any Duhawk DM vending machine in the hospital.
- Room of Magic: On weekends, a wing of the hospital is transformed into a movie theater where the kiddos and their families can go enjoy a movie and concessions, forgetting they are even in the hospital!
- CarePages: Duhawk DM pays for the website rights for any pediatric patient at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital to have a page where they can blog to families and friends on progress.
- Beads of Bravery: Any child that is undergoing long term treatment at the hospital receives beads of bravery. They receive a bead for each test, procedure, shot, etc. that he/she receives through their treatment.
- Anytime CPR Kits: A take home kit that teaches care givers how to give CPR to their child.
- NICU & PICU Comfort Kits: Pizza, continental breakfast, gas cards, etc. for the families who have kids in both the NICU and PICU.
Saturday October 8, 2016
Chaplain Schmitt Island|
10:00am Start Time
$10 Kids 12 & Under
Proceeds benefit Duhawk Dance Marathon & local families treated at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
For questions, please contact Rachel Moser Rachel.Moser@loras.edu.
Questions? Let’s get in touch.
Please feel free to reach out to the phone number or email address below so our amazing staff may assist you.
Duhawk Dance Marathon
1450 Alta Vista #348
Dubuque, IA 52001
DM Public Relations Executive
Loras College DM Advisor