A Heartfelt Thank You To All Our Sponsors for Supporting Loras College Dance Marathon and The University of Iowa Children’s Miracle Network.
What is Loras College DM? Loras Dance Marathon is a student led organization on campus that fundraises all year long for Iowa Children’s Hospital. It is part of the Children’s Miracle Network, and all proceeds made go directly to the kids. The programs we fund help to create a little bit of normalcy for the kids and their families while they are staying in the hospital. At the end of the year we will celebrate our year long efforts with a day long event from 12PM to 12AM where we will be on our feet dancing, playing games and activities, and hanging out with our miracle families. Loras is the #1 fundraising school per capita and we plan to stay at the top for our kids!
Our big event will be held on April 28th, 2018 from 12pm-12am at Loras College in the Alumni Campus Center. There are multiple ways to get involved… Join the fun and register to be a dancer or volunteer to help during the day by contacting email@example.com. You can also support us by donating to our cause—visit our donation site!
- Vending Machines: Each child in the hospital receives two tokens daily to use in any Duhawk DM vending machine in the hospital.
- Room of Magic: On weekends, a wing of the hospital is transformed into a movie theater where the kiddos and their families can go enjoy a movie and concessions, forgetting they are even in the hospital!
- CarePages: Duhawk DM pays for the website rights for any pediatric patient at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital to have a page where they can blog to families and friends on progress.
- Beads of Bravery: Any child that is undergoing long term treatment at the hospital receives beads of bravery. They receive a bead for each test, procedure, shot, etc. that he/she receives through their treatment.
- Anytime CPR Kits: A take home kit that teaches care givers how to give CPR to their child.
- NICU & PICU Comfort Kits: Pizza, continental breakfast, gas cards, etc. for the families who have kids in both the NICU and PICU.
- Why should I join Loras College DM?
There are a million reasons people join Loras College DM, and the biggest reason is this…it’s For The Kids! YOU can do miracles and improve the lives of our kiddos.
- How do I raise my money?
You’ve set your goal, now what!? You can write letters to friends and family asking for donations! An easy way to get donations is to post your donation link on your Facebook Page!
- But I can’t dance!
That’s okay! Loras College Dance Marathon is more than dancing. Sure you’ll get your groove on with the Morale Dance and MAYBE challenge a kiddo to a dance-off, but here’s what else is in store! Inflatables, games, hanging out with kiddos, contests, prizes, family stories, and much more!
- Did you say prizes?
YES! There are prizes attached to your fundraising goal, and they are all yours if you can reach that amount!
- $150 – Stay at the event all 12 hours
- $300 – Receive a computer sticker
- $500 – LCDM Shoelaces
- $750 – LCDM Sunglasses
- $1000 – 1K sweatband
- $1500 – LCDM Lanyard
- Is Dance Marathon just one day a year?
No way! Dance Marathon is a year-long fundraiser that hosts family events, social activities, and fundraising activities to keep you excited until April 28th. Get involved and check out our “Events” page to learn more about what is currently going on.
- Who are the families that Dance Marathon supports?
The families that Dance Marathon supports are all children who are receiving treatments in Iowa City at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital, especially those in the Dubuque surrounding areas.
- I have more questions and some great fundraising ideas. Who can I contact?
Loras College Dance Marathon Advisor
The Generosity of our Sponsors Touches and Impacts So Many Lives. THANK YOU
- Loras Student Union
- Two Rivers Glass and Door
- Weitz Signs
- Chad and Laura Chandlee Family
- Loras College Network of Dubuque
- Better Business Bureau
- Finnin Ford
- Sisters of the Presentation
- Asbury Eagles Club
- US Bank
- Barnes and Noble (Loras Bookstore)
- Northwestern Mutual
- Friedman Group
- Nativity Church
- Steel Mart
- Body & Soul Wellness
- Your DJ Pros
- Riesberg Rental Inc.
Questions? Let’s get in touch.
Please feel free to reach out to the phone number or email address below so our amazing staff may assist you.
Loras College Dance Marathon
1450 Alta Vista #348
Dubuque, IA 52001
Loras College Dance Marathon Advisor
Social Media Connections: