We are pleased to introduce the faculty members who have recently joined the Loras College community. The experience, perspectives, and knowledge they bring will further strengthen the education we provide to students and enrich the campus community. All are highly accomplished in their areas of specialty and share a passion for serving at a small liberal arts college. Please join us in welcoming them to Loras and to the Dubuque region.
- Dr. Shikhar Acharya joins the College as an Assistant Professor of Business Analytics. Dr. Acharya was previously serving as a Visiting Instructor at University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. Dr. Acharya received his Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from the Missouri University of Science & Technology in 2014.
- Mr. Joshua Bolton joins the College as Instructor of Public Relations. Joshua was previously serving as a Research Associate and Graduate Instructor at University of Missouri. Joshua anticipates completing his Ph.D. in Political Communication from University of Missouri-Columbia in December 2017.
- Dr. Sarah Cassella joins the College as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Neuroscience. Professor Cassella was previously serving as a Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. Dr. Cassella received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Cincinnati in 2015.
- Mr. Aaron Herbst joins the College as an Assistant Professor of Athletic Training. Professor Herbst was previously serving as an Instructor of Athletic Training at Clarke University in Dubuque, Iowa. Aaron anticipates receiving his Doctor of Education degree from Walden University in spring 2019.
- Ms. Emily Huber joins the College as an Assistant Professor of Kinesiology. Emily was previously serving as a Graduate Teaching Assistant & Graduate Research Assistant at South Dakota State University in Brookings, South Dakota. Ms. Huber anticipates receiving her Ph.D. in Nutrition, Exercise & Food Science with a specialization in Exercise Science from South Dakota State University in August 2017.
- Mr. Brian Kallback (’02) joins the College as Instructor of Finance. Brian was previously serving as a Strategic Initiatives Manager at Heartland Financial here in Dubuque. An alumnus of Loras, Mr. Kallback received his Master’s degree in 2004.
- Dr. Brian Manor joins the College as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Chemistry. Professor Manor was previously serving as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant and Staff Crystallographer at University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Manor received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2014.
- Ms. Jennifer McGarry joins the College as an Assistant Professor of Accounting. Professor McGarry was previously serving as an Instructor at Western Illinois University in Moline, Illinois and as an Adjunct Instructor at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. Jennifer anticipates completing her Doctor of Business Administration degree from DePaul University in spring 2018.