Loras College President Jim Collins announced today that the college has received an anonymous $2 million commitment toward its Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign. The estate gift is intended to fund scholarships for students who demonstrate financial need.
“We believe Loras College provides an excellent opportunity for us to share our generosity and are confident it will continue to develop strong leaders,” the donors said. “We hope all associated with Loras will join us in the circle of giving.”
As of Dec.18, the campaign has raised $81.2 million through 19,526 alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends of the college who have given cash gifts, made pledges or documented a planned gift.
“Such generous and selfless individuals help ensure that we continue educating the promising students of today and tomorrow,” Collins said. “This couple’s commitment and generosity to Loras will impact countless students. We are so grateful to our donors for their amazing support.”
The Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign continues to make significant and positive impacts on Loras College students, faculty and staff. Initiatives launched through this effort and made possible by donors include:
- More than 90 new scholarship funds established, helping make a college education possible for students with financial need.
- Nine new endowed funds created, including the MBA Founding Director Chair and the Andrew P. Studdert Chair of Business Ethics and Crisis Leadership.
- The Loras College Poll established, faculty-student surveys garnering national and international media attention ranging from the Wall Street Journal and CNN to Real Clear Politics and the Washington Post.
- Support for the Center for Business Analytics, the MBA in business analytics and the business analytics certificate program.
- The Global Scholars Program, offering Chinese language classes, cultural programming and study abroad courses in China.
- Updates to the Loras College’s nationally ranked media studies students’ digital media lab in Hoffmann Hall and remodeling a new classroom and student lounge in the St. Joseph Hall of Science.
- Renovations to Keane Hall to house the Loras College Center for Business Analytics and improved faculty offices and classrooms.
- Sponsorship of choral ensemble performances at Carnegie Hall, the Iowa Music Educators’ Association Conference and Mysteries of Christmas in addition to student retreats and music ministry stipends.
- Handicapped accessibility to Christ the King Chapel.
Launched in 2013, the Loras College $100-million Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign is the largest fundraising effort in the college’s 176-year history. In July, the campaign exceeded its original goal of $75 million. The college’s Board of Regents then raised the goal to $100 million. In addition to raising funds to support student aid and faculty/staff professional development, the campaign seeks funds to build upon the launch of its MBA program, business analytics initiative and other academic programs.
For more information, please visit loras.edu/giving.