Celebrate the academic and creative work Loras College students and faculty have completed at the 3rd Annual Loras Legacy Symposium: Presentations of Research, Creativity and Service Accomplishments on Wednesday, April 27, 2016, beginning at 8:30 a.m., throughout various campus buildings. The event will feature presentations of student research, service presentations and creative performances in addition to faculty research and sabbatical outcomes.
The symposium is an amazing opportunity for students and faculty to share accomplishments or research with the greater Loras College community. Expect a day filled with inspiring work such as: musical performances, posters, oral presentations and art showcases. Following the presentations will be an evening film festival that will showcase a variety of films produced by students and faculty.
Some items presented at the 2015 symposium included:
- Young Adult Perceptions of Dubuque
- Acute Antidepressant Actions of Ketamine in Treatment-Resistant Depression
- DuHealth Committee: A Proposed Solution to Healthy Living
- Facebook and Friendship: Social Penetration Theory Applied to College Students
- Comparative Analysis of the Effects of Age on Shoulder and Hip Flexibility in College Faculty and Students
- Romantic Relationships: The Triangular Theory of Love Applied to College Students
- Loras College Solar Power Initiative
- Microfinance in Haiti
- Choosing Barabbas: Popular Motivation in the Gospel According to Mark
- Chasing Black Hawk
For more complete details please visit loras.edu/legacysymposium.