Veterans Educational Benefits at Loras College
Loras prides itself on dedication and service to others. Mitchell Knief (’15) (Bellevue, Iowa), is an example of a student who understands service. After Knief graduated from high school, he made the decision to join the military. While most of Knief’s free time is given to his service for the Marine Corps Reserves in some way, also dedicated himself to earning a college education. Knief believes that his time in both the Marine Corps and at Loras have contributed significantly to his outlook for his future.
Applying your educational benefits
Your VA School Certifying Official is your point of contact for any questions you might have about applying your educational benefits to the tuition and fees at Loras College. Please see the following for a list of what veterans generally need to provide:
- Veteran’s worksheet
- Copy of veteran’s discharge paperwork (DD-214)
- Official (sealed or secure digital) copy of veteran’s American Council on Education (ACE) certified transcript for any military training: https://jst.doded.mil/official.html (for Air Force, use this link: https://augateway.maxwell.af.mil/ccaf/stu_svcs/transcriptrequest/login.asp).
- Current Certificate of Eligibility (COE), received after a veteran applies for benefits on the GI Bill website: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp
For transfer students, we would require all the above, in addition to the following:
- Official transcript(s) from any former institution of higher learning, or record of exam credits from Advanced Placement courswork, CLEP exams, DANTES exams, etc.
- Copy of the veteran’s VA 22-1995 Request For Change of Program or Place of Training (same application website above).