Summer Courses Listing
Summer is a great opportunity to focus on one particular class, catch up on needed credits or consider something new. When exploring summer options, please read the information below and review our list of summer course offerings. If you are a current student with self-registration rights, you may be able to make schedule changes through our IQ system. All other students should contact the Office of the Registrar in person (Room 135, Keane Hall), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 563.588.7106.
Current Loras College Students
- No application is required
- Students with self-registration rights may register online on or after the date noted on the academic calendar.
- Students without self-registration rights should contact his/her advisor or the Office of the Registrar.
- Graduate students currently attending Loras College register through his/her advisor.
- Students with self-registration rights may make schedule changes through IQ. All other students should contact the Office of the Registrar in person (Room 135, Keane Hall), by email (email@example.com) or by mail.
Special Students – A Summer School Special Student is:
- A current student at another college or university
- High school students who have completed the junior year prior to Summer School
- Anyone who is not enrolled or accepted in a degree program at Loras College during the prior spring semester, or
- Any former student who only wishes to take summer courses of interest without seeking readmission or earning a degree here.
As a Special Student:
- You are applying for summer only, not to continue into the fall.
- All course work carries degree credit and becomes a permanent record at Loras College.
- Special Students are classified as non-degree seeking.
- Once admitted for summer all schedule changes should be made through the Office of the Registrar in person (Room 135, Keane Hall), by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail.
To Apply for Admission and Register as a Special Student:
- Click the Special Students Registration & Forms button below for registration and application information.
SUMMER COURSE LOAD
Due to the intense nature of summer courses, students are encouraged to register for no more than one class per session.
If tuition is paid in full, final grades will be emailed to the student’s Loras College email address as soon as grades are submitted.
Transcripts may be requested in person (Room 135, Keane Hall) or online from National Student Clearinghouse. The cost is $7 per copy for normal processing (1-2 business days) or $15 for on-demand service (only available in person).
Special Students – If you wish to transfer Loras College academic credit you should obtain approval from your home institution prior to your summer registration. Loras College cannot approve the transferability of courses to other academic institutions. You must request a transcript to have grades sent to your home institution.
For information about financial aid please contact:
Office of Financial Planning
Room 100, Keane Hall
For information about summer housing please contact:
Office of Student Life
Room 560, Alumni Campus Center
Food is available in various locations across campus including the Duhawk Market, Einstein Bros Bagels, Loras Cafe, and the Pod.
TUITION & FEES
Visit our Tuition & Fees page for details related to undergraduate and graduate.
All tuition and fees are due and payable on or before the first day of the session.
Parking permits are required and can be obtained, free of charge, at the Information Desk in the Alumni Campus Center.
Textbooks are available in The Barnes and Noble Bookstore in the Academic Resource Center.
TECHNOLOGY CENTER INFORMATION
The Loras College Technology Center Help Desk is located in the lower level of Christ the King Chapel, 563.588.4949. Our Help Desk hours during the summer are: Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30.
ACADEMIC RESOURCE CENTER
The Loras Library web page offers an extensive array of resources for students. For additional information including hours of operation visit Loras College library or call 563.588.7189.