Saint Pope John Paul II
Established shortly after his death in 2005, the Saint John Paul II Memorial Scholarship seeks to form a cohort of students dedicated to studying and internalizing the life and pivotal teachings of this Great Saint. St. John Paul II participants will be awarded an annual scholarship of $1,500 in addition to their acceptance award.*
* Merit-based aid, in addition to a student’s acceptance award, is capped at $3,500.
- Opportunity to explore and set personal goals related to Human, Spiritual, Intellectual, and Practical formation
- Monthly meetings to discuss the life and significant works of Saint John Paul II
Requirements for the Scholarship St John Paul
- practicing Catholic (regular celebration of the Eucharist)
- participation in a service trip/experience or 30 hours of approved service per year
- participation in monthly cohort or large-group events
- no serious conduct violations
- Students must apply and be accepted to Loras College in order to complete the following JPII Program application
- Students must complete our Saint Pope John Paul II Scholarship Application
The application includes:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a roughly 1000-word, double-spaced, typed, original essay, based upon one of four proposed texts from Saint.John.Paul.II.
- JPII online application form (see linked button below)