COVID-19: Our Response
Loras College is committed to the safety and well-being of all students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors. Campus administration regularly reviews the recommendations of local, state, and national health officials and monitors the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 and adapts Loras policy to help ensure a safe and informed community.
Current Campus-Wide Status and Recommendations
- All Loras community members are strongly encouraged to complete the COVID-19 vaccination series and receive boosters, as eligible.
- Masks are optional in most settings on campus, indoors or outdoors.
- Students participating in off-campus experiences (e.g. internships, practica, community service) are expected to follow the guidelines/requirements in place at the off-campus site.
- Campus leadership will regularly evaluate COVID related policies and may update/adapt as warranted by community spread and/or CDC guidance.
General Campus Masking Guidelines
At this time, masks are not required in most spaces on campus, with the following exceptions:
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, individuals in quarantine or recently released from quarantine or isolation must wear a mask in all public spaces for 10 days from the date of exposure or infection.
- Individuals must wear a mask in areas with posted signage (e.g. “Masks Required”). This includes faculty/staff offices at the discretion of the faculty or staff member.
- Masks may be required in classrooms during class at the discretion of the course instructor. Please check with the course instructor for the policy specific to each class.
- Community members should carry a mask at all times so they can quickly adapt to requirements in a specific area or office.
Questions? Let’s get in touch.
Loras College Health Center
1450 Alta Vista Street
474 Alumni Campus Center
Dubuque, Iowa 52001