Dear Alumni, Friends and Family of Loras College,
I would like to thank you for your support of Loras College over this past fiscal year that began on June 1, 2017 and ended on May 31, 2018.
Thanks to the generosity of Loras alumni, students, parents, friends, faculty and staff, Loras raised nearly $12.4 million in cash from more than 8,000 donors this past fiscal year. This ranks #1 in Loras’ 179-year history, surpassing our previous record by 37% or $3.3 million.
I am happy to report additional successes related to the past fiscal year:
- On August 31, our completed Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign surpassed the $100 million goal by raising a total of nearly $106 million from 22,420 alumni and friends.
- Gifts made to the Loras Fund provide an immediate impact and support to students, faculty and staff. We raised nearly $2 million in unrestricted gifts. A few examples of what the Loras Fund supports includes student aid, academic competitions, student and faculty presentations at off campus conferences and campus beautification.
- Gifts to endowed chairs, scholarships and programs totaled over $5.5 million. Gifts to endowed funds provide much needed support to student scholarships, faculty support and programmatic offerings. As a result of the campaign’s success and this year’s gifts, our endowment has grown to over $40 million. This is more than double the amount from the start of the campaign.
- Loras College was recently named the top Catholic college in Iowa by the 2018 College Consensus Best Catholic College ranking. Your support contributes directly to the regional and national accomplishments we are so proud to receive.
- Leadership giving continues to grow and have a powerful impact. 1,246 total members joined the St. Joseph Society for leadership giving totaling nearly $5.8 million, 130 donors, or 11% over last year.
- Gifts up to $250 totaled nearly $460,000. This is an increase of nearly $60,000, or 14% over last year. Every gift makes a difference providing support for financial aid, academics, research and other programs – thank you for making an impact!
- Monsignor Foley Heritage Society continues to grow. Members of this society have confirmed that they included Loras in their estate plans. This year we added 16 new members. This brings the Society to over 650 total members – we are grateful for their thoughtfulness and generosity.
- GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade) donor participation continues to excel. GOLD participation once again outpaced the national average of young alumni giving.
- Duhawk Day once again surpassed its 1,450 donor goal, setting a new record with 1,693 donors in 24 hours. This beats last year’s record breaking year of 1,614 donors. We are thankful for those who CELEBRATED, UNITED and SUPPORTED Duhawk Day 2018.
Your support makes an incredible difference in the lives of our students. Giving to Loras College, regardless of amount, allows us to continue to provide a high-quality, Catholic, liberal arts education at an affordable price. Our ability to graduate leaders who excel professionally, contribute selflessly, live ethically and practice their faith is made possible because of your kind and generous support.
Thank you for all you have done, and continue to do, for Loras College!
Michael H. Doyle, J.D. (’91)
Vice President for Institutional Advancement | Treasurer