“In our time, when day by day . . . the ties between different peoples are becoming stronger, the Church examines more closely her relationship to non-Christian religions. In her task of promoting unity and love among men, indeed among nations, she considers above all . . . what men have in common and what draws them to fellowship.”
Nostra Aetate, Declaration of the Church to Non-Christian Religions,
Proclaimed by Pope Paul VI, October 28, 1965.
Interfaith Leaders Program
In the Loras Program for Interfaith Leaders, students learn how people orient around religion differently, and they discover in themselves abilities to interact with people of diverse religious and worldview backgrounds. The program hopes that, through careful study, self-reflection, and responsible service, students will learn to lead others toward a deeper, more informed fellowship. Interfaith Leaders will be awarded an annual scholarship of $1,000 in addition to their acceptance award.*
* Merit-based aid, in addition to a student’s acceptance award, is capped at $3,500
- Leadership Seminar (1 credit lab in 3-credit course on leadership studies)
- World Religions (3 credits)
- Interfaith J Term (3 credits)
- Interfaith Seminar I (1 credit)
- Interfaith Seminar II (1 credit)
- Internship and Portfolio (3 credits)
TOTAL 12 credits
- Integrated curricular and co-curricular experience
- Participants gain leadership experiences by partnering with diverse worldview and religious groups
- Cohort model aids students in crafting meaningful connections during their time in the program
- J Term experiences may include travel to India and/or engagement with local religious diversity
- Opportunities to participate in community-based research with a team of students and faculty
Criteria to Qualify
- Apply and be admitted to Loras College
- Complete the Interfaith Leaders Program application and submit all supporting materials by March 1
- Students must apply and be accepted to Loras College in order to complete the following Interfaith Leaders scholarship application
- Students must complete the online scholarship application Here) and submit all supporting materials by March 1.
Login and password required for scholarship application.
If you do not have a Loras login, please contact your admission representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Let’s get in touch.
If you have a question, you’re not alone.
Feel free to contact your admission representative for additional information or contact us using the contact information below.