On June 8, 1914, the recently constructed and largest structure on campus, Loras Hall, was dedicated. The speaker was Most Rev. John Ireland, Archbishop of St. Paul, Minnesota. The architect was French-born Emanuel Louis Masqueray, who coincidentally had designed Ireland Hall, a dorm on the campus of College of St. Thomas in Minnesota a year earlier. Masqueray also designed the Cathedral of St. Paul and was the chief of design for the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair.
(Continue reading by clicking the button below)