DUBUQUE, Iowa – Loras College, Iowa’s first college, hosted its inaugural Sport Management Symposium from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, April 7 featuring Greg Gumbel, a veteran broadcaster and a 1967 graduate of Loras. Gumbel led a town-hall conversation as part of his keynote address.
“I couldn’t think of any better way to start this first event with Mr. Gumbel,” said Matthew Garrett, professor of sport management at Loras. “At the same time, we’ve assembled an all-star lineup of speakers to share insight into the world of sport management throughout the day.”
The event, sponsored by the Loras Sport Business Club, also included two speaker panels consisting of alumni of the college’s nationally-recognized sport management program and industry leaders from across the Midwest. They included:
- Tom Sorboro, senior associate athletics director, external operations at Loyola University Chicago.
- Craig Decker, corporate sales executive, Green Bay Packers
- Andrea Brommelkamp, director of tickets and group sales at Cedar Rapids Baseball Club, Inc.
- Jasmine Allen, senior account executive, marketing partnerships at Chicago Sky, WNBA
- Andy Campbell, director of marketing, Impakt Athletics, Des Moines
- Kevin Walsh, trade marketing manager, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Des Moines, Iowa
- Courtney Boyd, partnership services coordinator, Mizzou Sports Property, Columbia, Missouri
- Denise Stillman, president and CEO, Go the Distance Baseball, LLC, Dyersville
- Brian Clarke, assistant athletic director- marketing at Southern Illinois University Intercollegiate Athletics, Carbondale, Illinois.
Feel free to contact Dr. Matt Garrett at 563.588.7165 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.