Loras alumnus, associate athletics director at Virginia Tech highlights event
DUBUQUE, Iowa – Loras College, a Catholic liberal arts college, will host its second annual Sport Business Symposium from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, April 20 featuring Pete Moris, associate athletics director at Virginia Tech who will be the keynote speaker for the event.
Since graduating from Loras in 1993, Moris has held a variety of communication positions publicizing different athletic brands and colleges. Prior to Virginia Tech, Moris served as assistant athletic director for communications at University of Oklahoma and worked 17 years with the Kansas City Chiefs Public Relations Office. Moris now overlooks communication and media relations for VT’s football program.
“We are excited to host Pete as part of his return to campus,” said Matthew Garrett, professor of sport management at Loras. “We have another great line-up and once again the Loras Sport Business Club deserves the credit for their tireless efforts. Last year’s event received rave reviews and we hope to replicate those results.”
The event, sponsored by the new Francis J. Noonan School of Business and hosted by the Loras Sports Business Club, also includes a speaker panel consisting of alumni of the College’s nationally-recognized sport management program and industry leaders from across the Midwest. They include:
- David Kennedy, assistant general manager, Wintrust Arena
- Ashley Hansen, manager of communications and special events at John Deere Classic Golf Tournament
- Ryan Vogt, national sales manager at Catch Des Moines
- Juliana Ferrandino, ticket sales consultant at Rockford Icehogs
- Elizabeth Tovar, associate athletics director for student athlete academic services at University of Iowa
- Denise Udelhofen, athletic director at Loras
- Algerian Hart, Ph.D., associate professor graduate coordinator-sport management at Western Illinois University
- Reggie Brown, NBPA-certified player agent at Priority Sports and Entertainment
Visit www.loras.edu, call (563) 588-7100 or (800) 245-6727, like Loras College on Facebook or follow @lorascollege for more information.
About Loras College
Loras College leverages its historic roots as Iowa’s first college, the second oldest Catholic college west of the Mississippi River and one of the nation’s 10 diocesan colleges to deliver challenging, life-changing experiences as part of its residential, Catholic setting. Loras ranks 22nd among 450 NCAA III athletic programs in the 2017 Learfield Sports Cup standings, 11th out of the Top 100 baccalaureate colleges, according to the 2016 Washington Monthly College Rankings, 13th Best Regional College, according to Midwest U.S. News Best Colleges and is among the 200 Best-Loved Colleges in the nation, according to Forbes Magazine. Visit www.loras.edu to learn more.
John Sutter, Director of Marketing and Communications
Thomas Jensen, Public Relations Manager
Office: 563.588.7179 | Cell: 919.930.1997