You don’t want to miss out on our upcoming Loras Scholarship Day event. There is limited availability and spots are filling up fast.
This event welcomes students who want to strengthen their leadership skills during their college years, particularly through engagement with the campus and Dubuque communities. Participants will have the opportunity to collaborate with current and future Loras College students. Programming for parents will deepen their knowledge of the opportunities available to their student through the Loras experience.
Below are detailed notes, reminders and an overview of the schedule. Hosting our event on a Sunday maximizes the number of participants that are able to attend. For your convenience, we have included a resource at the bottom of this site that includes a link to local Catholic Mass times as well as a comprehensive listing of worship opportunities for other faith traditions. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you on campus!
If you need any additional details or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.Registration is closed
Overview of Our Scholarship Events
- Attendees will receive a $1,000 scholarship (renewable annually by submitting a leadership survey)
- Students are asked to submit an activity resume at check-in
- Students must be in attendance for the entirety of the event
Overview of the Day
- Students may bring one guest with them to this event.
- Check-in starts at 9:30am in the Alumni Campus Center with the program officially beginning at 10:00am. Coffee and water will be available, but you are welcome to stop by Einstein Bros. Bagels which is adjacent to our Alumni Campus Center. (Einstein Bros. Bagels on campus will be open at 7:00am.)
- The event runs from approximately 10:00am until 2:00pm (with lunch starting at 12:45pm). You will receive your individual schedule upon check-in.
- Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your activity resume to submit at the check-in. This resume will be part of the scholarship assessment. View a sample activity resume template.
- Visit our campus map and directions page for driving instructions and a campus map.
- Dress is business casual (there will be a group activity with some movement, so make sure to dress comfortably.)
- The Loras College Barnes & Noble Bookstore – located in the breezeway of our Academic Resource Center (ARC) – will be open from 1:30-3:30pm if you would like to stock up on some Loras gear. Note: A 25% discount will be given on one item for scholarship attendees.
- If you’re looking to spend the night in Dubuque, there are many options: The Best Western Midway provides a special rate for Loras visitors (reference promo code ‘Loras#1’ while booking online). You may also call 563.557.8000 to book your room.
|9:30am-10:00am||Check-In & Scholarship Program Fair Alumni Campus Center (ACC)
Parking is located at the corner of Loras Boulevard and Alta Vista Street
Students & Parents will be divided into smaller groups in order to engage more fully in each component of the day.
|10:30am- 2:00pm||Breakout Sessions and Lunch (Order will vary/See details below)
|2:00pm||Campus Tour (optional)
Scholarship Program Interviews
This session allows participating students and their parents to learn how current students involved in specific organizations have personally and professionally grown through their work. Students and parents will have an opportunity to choose which session(s) they will attend. This will provide an opportunity for current Loras students, staff and faculty to share how student involvement in a specific area has stretched the students and invited them to grow.
Students will have the opportunity to collaborate with their peers through a small group activity led by Loras College Campus Life. This activity will allow students to highlight their leadership strengths while also providing an opportunity for students to engage with others.
During lunch, students will return to their small groups to critically and creatively reflect on what they have learned throughout the day.
Parent Panel (parents & guardians only)
Parents will have the opportunity to hear from parents of current Loras students. The panel will provide plenty of time for questions and individual interaction. This session is hosted by Student Development.